The spring, almost summer-like weather has arrived and we are in full swing working towards reaching our goals for the end of this school year. I could not have been more proud of the hard work, perseverance, and grit our kids displayed on the state assessments. We are in an important and exciting stretch of the school year, growing learning and celebrating.
Exciting events from all domains are highlighted this month at NPE. If you aren’t following me on Twitter @Dziegler15 you won’t be able to see all the pictures and excitement in real-time. Please consider following NPE!!
Our 4th and final Mindfully Green Day will take place on May 22nd. The entire NPE community will take action around the grounds of NPE. We will clean, plant, garden, walk…and leave our mark. This is sure to be a highlight of this year! Send your child in work clothes, sunscreen, and even a raincoat if the weather doesn’t cooperate!
We will also participate as a school community in the Not So Perfect Hat Club on May 26th. We will celebrate our individuality and the importance of not only respecting each other and our differences, but honoring and celebrating them! Open House will take place this evening as well, and you will be able to see the artifacts of this special day!
The last two months of school typically go at a record breaking pace! We will all work hard to be mindful, and in the moment soaking up each experience. I thank you for all of your support and as always, feel free to contact me with any ideas!
· May 5 – PTO Meeting at 6:30pm
· May 12 - Orchestra 4th, 5th, 6th and Chorus Concert, 4th, 5th @ 7PM
· May 13 – Author Tim O’Shei –“Live! Starring You!”
· May 19 – VOTE -- Grade 4th, 5th and 6th Band Concert 7:00pm
· May 21 - Special Olympics at CNS High School
· May 22 – Half Day–Professional Development Day-Mindfully Green
· May 25 – No School – Memorial Day
· May 26 – Not So Perfect Hat Day-Author
Open House 5:00pm-6:30pm
· May 28 – 4th Grade Science Performance Test